Wednesday, July 16, 2008

5711: Apologies Unaccepted…?


More sorry states in a MultiCultClassics Monologue…

• Now Fox News is claiming Jesse Jackson also used the N-Word during his “hot mic” commentary on Barack Obama. Jackson released a new statement on Wednesday that read, “I am deeply saddened and distressed by the pain and sorrow that I have caused as a result of my hurtful words. I apologize again to Senator Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, their children as well as to the American public. There really is no justification for my comments and I hope that the Obama family and the American public will forgive me. I also pray that we, as a nation, can move on to address the real issues that affect the American people.” You know Nas is probably working on a track about Jackson right now.

• Pope Benedict XVI praised Australia for apologizing to the country’s indigenous Aborigines, citing the government’s “courageous decision to acknowledge the injustices committed against the indigenous peoples in the past.” The pope will also reportedly apologize for church sex scandals in the country. Wonder if he’ll comment on Jesse Jackson’s apology too.

No comments: