Sunday, June 13, 2010

7717: Who’s Your Diddy?


Weekend wrap-up with a MultiCultClassics Monologue…

• Sean “Diddy” Combs provided a succinct answer when asked about giving his 16-year-old son a car worth $360,000 as a birthday present. He said, “I think it’s appropriate to give my kids whatever I want to give my kids. I feel the way I raise my children, I don’t have to explain to you or anyone else, ‘cause nobody knows the way I raise my children. So nobody knows the lessons that I’ve taught my children to understand, if they are mentally ready for that.” However, it sure puts a lot of pressure on the son to deliver a comparable Father’s Day gift.

• Lawyers for O.J. Simpson continue pursuing appeals to overturn his conviction, citing the jury’s racial makeup and the judge’s conduct as key issues. During oral arguments in Las Vegas on Friday, attorney Yale Galanter said, “Mr. Simpson really believed he was recovering his own property.” Simpson also really believed someone else killed his ex-wife.

No comments: