Monday, November 29, 2010

8209: More Schit From Schlessinger.


Advertising Age interviewed Dr. Laura Schlessinger, who will be making a move to Sirius XM. Schlessinger sparked controversy earlier in the year after repeatedly spewing the N-Word on the air. Here’s the final question and answer from the Ad Age piece:

Ad Age: Any lessons learned from the incident that prompted you to leave syndicated radio in the first place?

Dr. Schlessinger: The lesson I’ve learned is the lesson I learned a million times. Speech is only free if you agree with activist groups. To be labeled a racist when I was trying to explain how a word is used daily in a culture … I’ve had 30 years of a career where I’ve been supportive of inter-racial dating and marriage, and I’ve never ever been accused of racism. This is just politically generated concern.

Gee, doc, it would have been easier to have simply answered, “No.” In Schlessinger’s case, cultural cluelessness is like senile dementia—it sadly increases with age.

No comments: