Saturday, June 04, 2011

8852: Sexy Figures And Employment Figures.


Working through the news in a MultiCultClassics Monologue…

• Actress Jessica Lowndes revealed in the July issue of FHM magazine that she is obsessed with lingerie. “I have a lingerie addiction…” said Lowndes. “I have three drawers full of lingerie at home and I have already been lingerie shopping in London, even though I should be going out and buying more practical clothes. I just can’t help myself. It makes me feel pretty and sexy.” Gee, maybe she should start a Lingerie Anonymous meeting.

• May experienced a significantly lower increase in new jobs than previous months. To compound the problems, it appears that over half of the new jobs resulted from Mickey D’s hiring spree promotion. Maybe Jessica Lowndes could help boost employment by starting a “Buy Jessica Lowndes Worn Panties” company.

• A new survey shows the number of American workers who believe they’ll earn more money one year from today is at its lowest in 25 years. “The crawl out of this economic ditch is going to be long and slow,” said one financial expert. “Even if they’re employed, many consumers aren’t earnings what they were two years ago, either because they’re in lower-paying jobs or not getting as many hours.” Or they just landed a McJob.

No comments: